Recruitment and Hiring
Alaska Job Centers can help job seekers search for jobs and apply AND they can help employers recruit for workers. Read the information below to learn more about our various seafood recruitment and hiring opportunities.
ALEXsys - Alaska’s Online Job Bank
To view jobs that are currently available in Alaska’s seafood industry, follow these easy steps:
- Visit the Alaska Job Center Network online
- Click on the Alaska map to visit ALEXsys - Alaska’s largest online job bank
- On the ALEXsys website, in the Job Seekers section, click on ‘Find a Job’
- Choose where you would like to work
- Type the word ‘seafood’ (in the empty field for Option 1) then click on ‘Search’
To view job descriptions and employer information, you will need to register (Create a User ID as a new user) or log in to ALEXsys.
Located within the Anchorage Job Center Midtown at 3301 Eagle Street, room 102 (Office is open Monday-Thursday; closed on Fridays).
The Seafood Office is the crossroads for Alaska's seafood workers and many seafood employers recruit directly from there. The following services are offered:
- Seafood Orientations - Learn about working in the Alaskan seafood industry.
Contact (907) 269-4775 for more information.
- Work Calls - Work calls for job vacancies are for job seekers who have already attended the orientation and completed a seafood application.
Summer Hours (April - September)
Office is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Orientations are at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Work calls are at 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
Winter hours (October - March)
Office is open Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. (closed on Fridays)
Orientations are at 10 a.m.
Work calls are at 10:30 a.m.
To reach the Anchorage Seafood Office, call (907) 269-4746, (907) 269-4573, or toll-free (within Alaska) 1-800-473-0688.
Job Fairs and Recruitment Events
Employers in cities around Alaska will often host recruitment events to meet staffing needs. These events may be held specifically for one employer or for multiple employers in varying industries. To see when and where they take place, visit our Job Fairs Calendar web page.
To view job advertisement options, employers should visit the Alaska Job Center Network’s - Business/Employer Connection web page or call (877) 724-2539 to speak to a representative. If you would like to contact employers or other seafood related businesses, visit our Seafood Employers and Seafood Related Links web page.
If you have questions, contact one of our Alaska Job Centers or contact the Alaska Job Center Network toll-free (within Alaska) at 1-800-473-0688.
NOTE: When you do apply for seafood processing jobs be sure to bring bring identification that meets
I-9 employment eligibility requirements. If you apply directly, often a company will ask you to fax the documentation. If you are not a U.S. citizen, you must provide your U.S. work permit. Companies often require a drug screen and a physical.
- Seafood Home
- Alaska Job Center Network
- Recruitment and Hiring
- Anchorage Seafood Office
- Job Fairs Calendar
- Links to Seafood Employers
and other related websites
- Seafood Processing - Job Info
- Fishing Vessel - Job Info
- Seafood Career Streams
- Fisheries Education